Thursday 15 November 2012

Aussie Nails Monday - Birthday

Hi everyone.
Sorry I haven't posted for awhile. I have been busy doing 'stuff'.
I am hoping to start posting more often when I get a bit more time (who know when that will be though).
For now I have my 'Aussie Nails Monday' Birthday mani for you.Elissa at Lissa’s Polish Addiction came up with the idea for some Aussie blogger to do a weekly nail challenge.It sounded like a great idea, so I decided to give it a go. I am hoping I am able to actually participate more in this challenge than I did in the 'This is Halloween' nail art challenge.

And just before we start - I am aware that I am posting this on a Wednesday but I was busy, so backoff, okay :p

The theme for this week is birthday.
I kind of forgot that I was doing this challenge (I know, what a great way to start).Since I forgot, i thought it would be best to start with something simple and not attempt any nail art.So I decided to just use some polishes that reminded me of 'birthdays'.

I decided on 2 polishes, 1 that reminded me of kids birthday parties and 1 that reminded me of teenage birthday parties.

So, without further adieu, the nails...


Gloss n Sparkle 'Unicorn Droppings' over Ulta3 Lily White on most of the nails.This is the 'kids party' part of the mani. This reminds me of Fairy Bread which seemed to be a staple of birthday parties in my youth. *For those of you not in Australia, Fairy Bread is white bread with margerine and sprinkles (or 100's and 1000's as it is known here) and it is delicious!*
SIDE NOTE - I usually wear Unicorn Droppings by itself (it is opaque after 2-3 coats) but I have used it so much that I am getting quite low and am now afraid of running out. I suppose I will just have to order anothe bottle

On the feature nail, I have Gloss n Sparkle Passion Pop. This is the 'teenage party' part of the mani. I have some fuzzy memories from my teenage years of drinking passion pop (possibly straight from the bottle)at parties. *I was a classy girl.*

I LOVE both of these polishes on their own (I am prety sure Gloss n Sparkle is my favourite indie brand ever) but I wasn't a huge fan of the 2 polishes together.
So I didn't wear this as a full mani.

When I took this off, I did a full mani for the next day. Completely coincidentally, the mani was also sort of birthday themed.

This is Essence 'Party Princess' over Ulta3 'Black Satin' and OPI 'La-Pazitively Hot'.


 
Thanks for stopping by.
I'll hopefully be back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment